3.10.2014

monday links


I'm so excited for the new Oh Joy for Target line! The collection of party supplies will be in stores and online this Sunday, March 16th. From the look of her Pinterest page, the collection is full of bright colors with gold accents- I'm definitely going to be stocking up!


Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel came out Friday- have you seen it yet? The NY Times review features some great behind-the-scenes photos of the miniature models they built of the hotel.


I didn't get to see any Manatees when I was in Florida, but I did get to meet lots of sea turtles at The Turtle Hospital. If you're ever near Key Largo, I recommend a stop to see little Zippy (pictured above) and support the great work they do rescuing and rehabilitating injured sea turtles. You can see a video of one of their permanent residents, Bubble Butt, on my Instagram (he was struck by a boat and now his back end floats- poor guy!).


Interesting article about our addictions to our electronic devices and the anxiety of unplugging. A few years ago (before I had a smart phone), I remember getting annoyed when my friends were constantly checking their phones, but now it seems to have become the norm to be on your phone 24-7. Looks like I missed the National Day of Unplugging last Friday, but I think I may need to start unplugging more. Would you give up your phone for a day?


[Oh Joy for Target photo by Thuss+Farrell via Oh Joy, Grand Budapest Hotel photo via the NY Times, Phone died image from someecards]

No comments:

Post a Comment