Hey guys, does anyone know where the first half of December went? I can't be the only one that's feeling a little behind this year, right?!? If you still have a few (or a lot of) gifts to buy, allow me to help with this handy gift guide. Consider it a gift from me to you:
1. Animal Magnets & Cardholders: each of these animals is made of two magnets that stick together, so you can stand them up as card holders, or pull the two halves apart and stick them on the fridge!
2. Cashmere Beanie: no one will ever complain about getting cashmere
3. Bottoms-up Cups: you could gift these little travel cups with a bottle of something to sip in the woods and still come in under $50
4. Balsam & Cedar Candle: not only does this candle make your house smell like a wonderful Christmas tree, the sparkly mercury glass container looks magical when its lit!
5. Gold Leaf Eyeshadow: give her the perfect accessory for New Years: gold eyelids!
6. Strawberry Socks: I love giving and getting fun socks, and Hansel from Basel has some of the cutest socks and tights around. I just wish these strawberry socks came in adult sizes!
7. Make it Ahead Cookbook: The Barefoot Contessa's latest is a no-brainer. Her recipes are always great and everyone loves her. Go to your local bookstore- they will have it. Want more cookbook suggestions? Check out my favorites here and here.
8. It's Too Early Mug: Is it too dramatic to call Emily McDowell the voice of her generation? Everything she makes is genius, and her new mugs are no exception.
9. Orla Kiely Water Bottle: Yes, there's another Orla Kiely collection at Target! Water Bottles, yoga mats, suitcases and travel bags! I love it all.
10. Ceramic Coffee Dripper: If this thing got any more hip, it might spontaneously combust. Gift it with a pound of whatever the latest Blue Bottle replica is for extra cool points.
11. Spice Gift Sets: Oaktown Spice Shop has an amazing selection of gift sets for all the cooks and foodies on your list, and their quality is top notch. They have hard-to-find spices, interesting salts, and even a kit for making your own tonic water!
12. I Hate Running Shirt: I'm pretty sure everyone hates running, right? Find this and other clever shirts at Thug Life.
13. Forest Critter Garden Pot: plant a little succulent in one of these adorable pots and you've got a sweet gift almost anyone would love
14. 1:Face Charity Watch: they've taken the Tom's Shoes model and applied it to watches. Buy one of these sleek, modern watches and you'll fund one of their selected charities.
15. Klizia Stapler: who would have thought a stapler could be so cute?
Still can't find something for the person who has everything? I've got more ideas over on my Pinterest board. Or you can always just give everyone a goat!
Inspired by trips to the flower mart, I decided to try to make my own wreath this year. I didn't really know what I was doing, but after looking at some Pinterest inspiration and reading a few tutorials, I gave it a shot - and was pretty pleased with the results. It's a little time consuming, and will make a big mess of your living room, but it's not difficult and makes for a nice afternoon project. I highly recommend inviting a friend over and enjoying a little spiked apple cider (it really helps with the hours of wire twisting). I bought my foliage at the SF Flower Mart, but local florists or even well-stocked grocery stores usually carry a good selection at this time of year. Or you can always go foraging for branches in your neighborhood or backyard!
See below for the how-to: