6.23.2014

graduation party


My good friend Kait graduated from medical school a few weeks ago, and I helped throw a party to celebrate. I partnered with Oakland Bakes to create a festive dessert bar for the occasion. 


We chose an olde timey apothecary theme with a color palette of minty hospital green, white and silver as a nod to the medical profession. We used apothecary style jars and vases, and displayed the cookies on quarter-sheet trays to suggest surgical instrument trays. I incorporated the colors into the decor by crafting rosettes and pom poms in the same palette.

Read on for more photos:





The dessert bar was filled with a delectable selection of treats: individual Butterscotch puddings, a Raspberry tart with graham cracker crust and cream cheese pastry cream, a Strawberry cream pie, a Black and Blue pie, Chocolate Sable mint creme sandwich cookies, and Espresso shortbread EKG cookies. It was seriously a challenge not to eat all the desserts myself, they were soo delicious!!



Stay tuned later this week for tips on crafting rosettes- I learned the hard way that they're not as easy as they look...


No comments:

Post a Comment