6.09.2014

kinda inspired: offbeat geometrics

Highway print pillow by Leah Duncan

Hello Friends! I thought I'd switch things up a bit this week and introduce a new series: Kinda Inspired. I'll be sharing a peak at whatever has been catching my eye, in the hopes of getting your week off to a creative, inspiring start. 


This week I'm feeling inspired by offbeat geometric patterns. They're not quite traditional geometrics, as they all share an imperfect, handmade quality. Some of them seem simple at first glance, but the irregularities of the artists' handiwork are what make them interesting: the overlaps in printing, the subtle asymmetry, the lines that don't quite connect. And of course, the layering of bold, gorgeous color draws me in like a moth to flame...


Katherine SableShow a Little Ankle, 2011, oil on linen, 66 x 54 inches
Nathalie du Pasquier
Mid-Century Modern Wrapping Paper
Hans Peter Sundquist, Untitled #1303, 2013, spray paint on fabric, 9 x 12 inches

See more patterns I'm loving on my Pinterest page.


[From top: Printed Pillows by Leah Duncan, Katherine Sable via Two Coats of Paint, Nathalie du Pasquier via Patternbase, Wrapping paper from Normans PrinteryHans Peter Sundquist]

No comments:

Post a Comment