10.09.2013

color test

How well do you see color? Some of us may not see it as well as we might think. According to Apartment Therapy, "it is generally believed that around 1 out of 255 women and 1 out of 12 men may have some degree of color blindness." Many people I've met with some color blindness have no idea that they're not seeing colors properly until they take a test or someone points it out to them.  It's strange to think that you never really know if you're seeing the same color as the person standing next to you. 

Want to find out your Color IQ? Take this online test from X-Rite.

I was relived to score a 16 (the test is scored out of 100, with 0 being a perfect score). I've always thought of myself as a good judge of color, and often need to work with color in my job, so it would be pretty bad news if I didn't have at least an average sense of color. 

My husband on the other hand, did not fare so well. I've noticed in the past that he has trouble with some colors (as do several of my guy friends), but apparently its worse than I thought. According to this test, he's almost totally color blind! 


[Hillary Clinton pantsuit spectrum via The Huffington Post]

No comments:

Post a Comment