3.10.2015

palette picks: cinnamon


OK, I'm just gonna come out and say it: I think Marsala, Pantone's Color of 2015, is ugly. They're trying to play it up as a wine or burgundy color, but it's a brown. A weird, purple-ish brown, like a bruise on your leg that stubbornly refuses to fade. If they had asked my opinion on a brown for this year, I would have told them to ditch the purple tones and crank up the orange to create a gorgeous Cinnamon. This color is often associated with Autumn, but I think it works year round. It's a warm compliment to nearly all shades of blue or green and I love it as a contrast to white and black. It also looks fresh and vibrant when paired with what seems to be everyone's actual favorite color of the year: blush.



[All photos linked via my Pinterest Page]


No comments:

Post a Comment